Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Last Honshu Run


July 25, 1983, Monday

It was a sunny and HOT day. I started running from the hotel at 9:30am. I should say running/walking because for the first 20km of today's 40km route, I was suffering from leg soreness and the intense heat. At about the halfway point, I met up with some Aomori runners and ran at a pretty good pace for the rest of the distance into Aomori city.

It was nice to see the ocean again while running and I was super happy, thinking that this was it for the island of Honshu! I made it through the largest island!

I reached the finish at 4:30pm and met the mayor at City Hall. Aomori is such a beautiful town. I'm sure the scenery here is quite different in the middle of winter, giving another view of the city's beauty.

The knee is really bothering me now and it seems to be getting worse every day. Will it hold up in Hokkaido?

No comments: