Friday, July 21, 2006

Lonely Road


July 21, 1983, Thursday

Today is Liberation Day holiday back home on Guam. Again, just like the 4th of July, it's just another day here in Japan.

I started early at 6:30am today, while it was raining. I did not eat breakfast until 10:00am. I was feeling especially tired on the run today for some reason. Perhaps it was because of the lonely road I was on most of the way, with hardly any drive-ins or stores. During the run, I started to feel sick so I had to take a number of breaks.

Eventually, I made my way to the city of Akita. All I could think about today was to be alone and get some rest. The Youth Hostel that I stayed in last night had a bunch of noisy people that kept me up until past 2:00a.m.

Can it be that my mental condition at this point is deteriorating more than the physical?

1 comment:

marappu said...

Hello, JJ.

Thanks for the comment. I am glad to know that some people are reading regularly.

Keep on running...