Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Lay My Body Down


July 11, 1983, Monday

I woke up feeling sore all over. My entire body is aching--even my earlobes! I started at 8:00am from Takaoka station, but I didn't really feel like running a step. After about 5km of running, I just stopped. I walked a bit to keep moving. Then I started to feel so tired that I felt like I was just going to drop dead. I just wanted to lay down right there on the asphalt to get some rest.

At that point, I made a quick decision to go to Toyama to rest in a hotel. I rode a bus to the train station and found a place to relax a bit. The sound of cars, the smell of exhaust fumes, the act of running, all of a sudden, had become too much for me to handle. I just didn't care anymore about the distance I scheduled to put in today. I need to get some rest if I am to finish this run. No more running today.

No comments: