Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Running on Water?


July 26, 1983, Tuesday

The morning was spent touring the city of Aomori. I rode the 12:15pm Seikan Ferry to the city of Hakodate past the Tsugaru Strait. It's been very cold due to the fact that it's been raining all day.

I tried to get some sleep on the ferry, but could not rest because of the loud kids running around the boat playing tag. I should not blame them--it's a great experience and a lot of fun for them to be on this ferry. They are probably on some sort of a school trip.

In case you are wondering--No, I did not run in place while the ferry was making its way to Hakodate!

I reached Hakodate at 4:30pm and was greeted by a gentleman and two ladies from the Hakodate Running Club. We all went to a historic building that was also a classy restaurant and ate a nice dinner. The Hakodate runners are great--the president is a doctor here and really seems to know his stuff about running and the body. I enjoyed talking with him. It was a fun evening, a good start for the next leg of my journey, this time, through the northern island of Hokkaido.

1 comment:

marappu said...

Thanks, JJ.

If you have any recommendations for what I can possibly add after August 9, please let me know.